PRIVACY CONSENT & AUTHORITIES
All signatories to this form must carefully read this form. By entering your name below, they each agree to the following:
‘Valiant’, ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Valiant Finance Pty. Ltd. ABN 95 606 560 150 and any related entities.
Credit Information has the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Personal information means any information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, from which your identity is apparent.
Collection and use of your information
- sourcing for you, or a company of which you are a director:
- commercial credit for business purposes;
- consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
- other services stated in this document; or
- supporting a guarantor application that you will provide.
You are aware that without this information, we will not be able to provide the services described above.
Exchange of information
We may exchange your information with:
- the entities listed in the schedule to this document or any other organisation not listed providing finance products to whom an application has been made (Credit Providers);
- any person who is a guarantor or proposes to be a guarantor;
- any organisation providing verification (including online verification) of your identity;
- any organisation providing aggregation services enabling us to place your credit application with a Credit Provider
- finance consultants, accountants, auditors, conveyancers, legal advisers, insurers and mailing services;
- associates, related entities and contractors;
- industry bodies, tribunals, courts or other parties in connection with any complaint or compliance investigations regarding our services
- any entity where we are required by law to do so;
- any person considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets.
- the type and circumstances in which we may collect information from you and other sources (including from a third party);
- your right to access your information and seek correction of your information; and
- how you can raise concerns if we have breached the Privacy Act or an applicable Code and how we will deal with these matters.
Consent to exchange Credit Information with credit reporting bodies
Valiant and our Credit Providers may collect from, and disclose to, a CRB your Credit Information and/or the Credit Information of a company of which you are a Director. To do this, Valiant and our Credit Providers may disclose your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and address to the CRB to obtain an assessment of whether that personal information matches information held by the CRB. You agree and consent to such exchange of information.
Consent to collect documents from nominated parties
We may contact your nominated parties including accountants, financial advisers, bankers, brokers, solicitors, and trade references to verify your information and collect supporting documentation for your finance application. You authorise these nominated parties to provide us with information and supporting documentation and to discuss your information.
Consent to call recording and electronic communication
You consent to us electronically recording all phone-based and in-person communications relating to your finance application.
You consent to us communicating with you, and providing documents (including disclosure documents) to you, through electronic means pursuant to the provisions of the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (Cth).
Consent and authorisation
You, in your individual capacity as applicant(s) or in your capacity as director(s), guarantor(s) or trustee(s) of the applicant, appoint Valiant Finance Pty. Ltd. ABN 95 606 560 150 as the exclusive authorised agent to refer, introduce, prepare, submit, and manage your application for finance, including finalisation of a binding credit contract on your behalf. We may also undertake tasks for a Credit Provider which are reasonably necessary to manage your application for finance. You agree that this authority extends to any proposed change to scope, amount, or structure of the finance sought by you. You authorise Valiant to complete any incomplete application information via verbal or electronic communication with you.