Vue.js Front-End Developer
- Award winning FinTech startup
- Opportunity to learn and grow your skills
- Competitive salary
Valiant Finance is an award-winning FinTech startup that helps Australian small businesses compare and apply for loans from over 70 of Australia’s leading lenders.
We're currently experiencing rapid growth, and are looking for an experienced Vue.js Front-End Developer to join our engineering team on a full-time basis in Surry Hills.
What you will be doing
- Designing, building, testing and releasing exciting new features
- Using customer journey and product usage patterns to guide product UX decisions
- Working with the backend team to guide the development of private APIs for consumption by our front-end application
- Contributing to our product roadmap
- Ensuring technical decisions meet our standards of high availability, security and performance
- Maintaining and improving documentation and standards
- 2-3 years of front-end web development experience, specifically with Vue.js or similar framework
- Have a passion for creating beautiful experiences
- Experience with Jira or similar agile development tools
- Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery environment
- Experience writing unit, integration and E2E tests using tools such as Mocha, Jest, Cypress and Nightwatch etc
- Optimising code to run across multiple devices and browsers
- Open to mentoring other developers
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Willingness to embody Valiant's three core values:
- Get S#%t Done
- Thrive in The Pride
- Be Customer Champions
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Ruby on Rails or similar MVC frameworks
- Applications running in high-volume production environments
- Financial services (in particular lending or corporate finance)
- Back-end development
- A computer science degree
What we offer
Valiant employees are given extensive ongoing training and development, along with the tools to take their skills to the next level.
It doesn't stop there - with a brand-new office in the heart of Surry Hills, we pride ourselves on having an open, dog-friendly, and empowering workplace where innovation is recognised and rewarded.
On Fridays, we celebrate the team's success with drinks, table tennis and other fun games.
Interested in joining The Pride? Awesome!
We’d love to hear about some projects you’ve worked on in the past and what excites you about technology and Valiant.
Please get in touch with Kris at [email protected] by including your CV and a little information about yourself.
Valiant is an equal opportunity employer, and we're actively working on growing a diverse team. We do require permanent residency or Australian citizenship, and all applicants must undergo a background check.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants who fulfil the mandatory requirements.⬅ Back to Careers